Welcome

How to bag trophy bucks...yeah, right. This blog is a journal of a guy with whitetail fever. If everything goes right this season, I'll spend hours and hours in the bush for a few seconds of action.

Monday, October 17, 2011

They call it hunting, not killing

Halfway through October, and still no luck. I've done everything I can think of...my scent is controlled, and I'm staying downwind. I used dominant buck urine during the open of archery season, hoping to get the bucks in the area wondering who the new guy was... I'm rattling and calling...I've had "conversations" with does, but couldn't get them close enough. I had a group of four hunting dogs roll up on me, never saw me, never smelled me, and made me feel real good about my "ninja", but still no luck.

Hunting is anything but easy. Whitetail have no desire to be shot, and use every tool at their disposal to stay alive. On TV, some on air personality whispers a little back story to his camera man, picks out the buck of the group with the biggest rack...said buck calmly walks within range, turns broadside...

In any case, the rut is coming. Maybe tomorrow will be my lucky day...

No comments:

Post a Comment